Saturday, July 16, 2011

Visiting My Second Home

My name is Chase Smith and this is my third year coming to the Dominican Republic. When we left last year in 2010, I was ready to go again. Thanks to communication through email, Facebook, chat, and other sources, most of us stayed in touch with the Dominican teens.
I was very excited to come back this year and experience the thrills of the Dominican Republic. When I got here I was so excited to see Jean Paul, Joanna, and Melissa who greeted us upon arrival at the resort. It was also nice to see all the palm trees, the pool, and especially all of the resort employees. The employees all recognized the ones returning and greeted us kindly.
I can not wait for the rest of the week to come. I have already had a blast with all the teens here. It will also be nice to see all of the campers on Monday, hopefully the ones that came before will come again. It will be a busy 2 days with the 50+ kids attending, (the biggest group ever). Tomorrow we will be going to the high school to start our service project, we have been told we are planting around 100 plants. It will be great though interacting with all of the teens and I am glad that Ben Hulefield, the Logistics Coordinator, will be joining us to help.
I have to go now, we are going to swim in the Fresh Water Lagoons. And I would like to thank all of the parents, friends, and family that helped us get here this summer. Remember you are the ones that help us get here to change lives of others.

Contributed by: Chase Smith, Bath County

No comments:

Post a Comment