Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reflections from Bobby Loveland

The trip this year to the Dominican Republic was a blast! Really seeing everything in the city made me thankful for all the small things I take for granted in the States. I learned that sometimes, when things don't go the way I wished for them to go, it is almost impossible for me to make adjustments. I really need to work on my flexibility.

The Dominican Republic is very beautiful but it does have an ugly side, the sanitation of water and food is nowhere near the sanitation of U.S. food and water. Although some cities are poor and dirty, people just live their everyday lives as if they lived in a nicer place. Dominican people are SO friendly. When walking by some people, they would smile and tell you hello. Whenever seeing the Dominican teens, you would either get a high- five or a hug.

Now that I'm home, I don't waste as much water. Seeing the devastation that their water system is in, I really drink every last drop. This program has not necessarily showed me a specific career path, but it probably has opened up a lot of doors. This truly is a life changing experience and I would definitely recommend it to other 4-Her's. It is important to carry on with this program because it really introduces you to an entirely different place, culture, and way of living. An overall wonderful trip

BOBBY LOVELAND, Shenandoah County

No comments:

Post a Comment