Friday, August 26, 2011

A Rewarding Experience

Hello, my name is Sarah! I'm a talker so I will try to keep this short. This was my second time to go on this wonderful 4-H service project. I feel very blessed to be able to experience a new culture in such a hands-on way.

The day camp was amazing. It went smoothly and the children were so much fun. I was able to become very close to the children despite only being with them for two days. The Dominican teens were great, but they always are! I still talk to them whenever I get the chance on facebook and skype.

On the trip we worked hard in the hot weather planting trees, playing with the Dominican children at day camp, going to the city of Higuey, snorkeling on the gorgeous reef and staying at the beautiful resort. I would recommend this trip to everyone. We worked hard but had just as much fun. This 4-H service project is one of the most fulfilling and rewarding things I have ever done and I will hold this experince near and dear to my heart for the rest of my life.

Contributed by Sarah Wright, Bath County

No comments:

Post a Comment